Gregory Maguire Discussion Board
  General Discussion
  Films and Whatnot!

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Films and Whatnot!
lostladyknight
posted 03-06-2012 12:06 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for lostladyknight   Click Here to Email lostladyknight     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
So, I know this is a terribly random question and I shouldn't be making a whole NEW thread for it.

But I did... so, so be it!

I figure we can use this thread to discuss films and all that jazz as well. If you have a question about one or if you simply want to talk about how much you loved/hated a certain movie, share it here.

I went to see The Lorax with my hubby and kids over the weekend (loved it by the way) and saw a preview for a movie called Mirror Mirror starring Julia Roberts. Now, as far as I can tell it has absolutely NOTHING to do with GM's book. But, it did remind me of it enough. (Granted, I read it years ago.) And when the preview was over and the title of the film was stated... I couldn't help but wonder if it had anything to do with GM. Now, it looks like it doesn't. But, I'm still really stoked about the movie. And, was wondering if anyone else had heard anything about it.

IP: Logged

LadyGlindaThropp
posted 03-06-2012 01:06 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for LadyGlindaThropp   Click Here to Email LadyGlindaThropp     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Yes.... I wondered about that too. No that film has nothing to do with Maguire's novel.... Though I was tempted to believe it did. One of my favourite films is called Chocolat (1999) based on the novel by Joanne Harris. Starring Juliette Binoche and Johnny Depp. I love it so much.... But then again it's probably because of my obsession with all things magical....

------------------
"One never learns how the Witch became Wicked."

helenbooktrip
posted 03-07-2012 10:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for helenbooktrip   Click Here to Email helenbooktrip     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
YES, I was wondering if that film was somehow related to GM's book.
I heard somewhere that there will actually be TWO snow white based films coming out this year.

------------------

Pfanee
posted 03-07-2012 11:35 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Pfanee   Click Here to Email Pfanee     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!

Except that Johnny Depp can't sing. But his acting is amazing! As is Alan Rickman's.

I realize it was made several years ago... But it's still fantagious.

I was bored the other day, so I took this quiz online that was like "What Sweeney Todd song is your theme song?" and I got... "Epiphany". What the crap? So I took another similar quiz and got the same result. And there were one or two other quizzes on the internet that had to do with Sweeney Todd, and it was just "Epiphany" after "Epiphany". It was weird. I mean, I'm NOT depressed and I'm NOT about to kill about 4 billion people just because of what one person did.

I did some "What Sweeney Todd Character are you?" quizzes also, and it was always Sweeney, except for this one that was only female characters, so I got Mrs. Lovett... It's freaking me out a little bit. :/

------------------
Sweet Oz!

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | gregorymaguire.com

Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.46