Gregory Maguire Discussion Board
  General Discussion
  25th Annual...Spelling Bee Script/Libretto/Book/Thing

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   25th Annual...Spelling Bee Script/Libretto/Book/Thing
Malky
posted 07-11-2006 07:26 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Malky   Click Here to Email Malky     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I recently saw the 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee (what a title!), and I was wondering if anyone knew where a copy of the libetto could be found. All of the show's jokes are mostly in the book, and not the lyrics, so if anyone knows where I could buy/read/whatever it, I'd appreciate that. If this is against the rules, because I'm asking for illegal documents or something, my humblest apoligies to the moderators. But c'mon. Don't you want to know the spelling of a word which means "the impression of thinking one is a cow" Or: "the inflamation of the bladder"? For everyone who hasn't seen the 25th Annual...Spelling Bee, if you get a chance, you should try to register to be a "speller". They actually let audience members participate in the "Spelling Bee", and they insult them in the proicess. Oodles of fun. If anyone knows where to find a script, I'd really appreciate it, again. Thanks!

IP: Logged

Queenie
posted 07-12-2006 12:22 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Queenie   Click Here to Email Queenie     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Spelling Bee Power! Hehe the speller I saw from the audience was like a teenager who couldn't misspell a word. Funny stuff. http://www.thebroadwaymusicals.com/19/25thannualputnamcountyspellingbee.htm

Random..what is this? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0739038885/ref=pd_bbs_null_2/103-6303155-3159818?s=dvd&v=glance&n=130

Queenie
posted 07-12-2006 12:24 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Queenie   Click Here to Email Queenie     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
That website says there is a DVD? What now?

Sorry Double Post

Lookin In A Different Way
posted 07-13-2006 08:54 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Lookin In A Different Way     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I love the Spelling Bee Musical! It's my third all time favorite! Rent is first then Wicked. I love it so much it makes me happy! When I saw it they also had a teenager type person but they missed the first word...sad stuff. I did sign up but didn't make the cut.

eWitch
posted 07-25-2006 07:59 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for eWitch     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
i really want to see 25th annual spelling bee

wickedbound016
posted 01-21-2008 11:02 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for wickedbound016     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
i saw the last show last night!!!!! IT WAS INREDIBLE!!! not better than wicked but definetly up there, it was FUNNY

munchkin
posted 01-21-2008 12:14 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for munchkin   Click Here to Email munchkin     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I'm sad it's closing, wish I'd seen it when I was in New York. Now I won't get the chance to. Ah well.

lostladyknight
posted 01-21-2008 12:32 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for lostladyknight   Click Here to Email lostladyknight     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wickedbound016:
i saw the last show last night!!!!! IT WAS INREDIBLE!!! not better than wicked but definetly up there, it was FUNNY

I *almost* saw it last night! I REALLY wanted to. But I couldn't find a sitter for my dog. I'm so sad.

Oh well.

------------------

FlyingMonkey
posted 01-21-2008 08:49 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for FlyingMonkey     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Why did it close? I saw were it was about to close in Chicago but they extended it. Was it a temporary show or did it not do well?

lostladyknight
posted 01-21-2008 08:52 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for lostladyknight   Click Here to Email lostladyknight     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
It has been there a few years... not exactly sure how long. I know since I was 15 at least because I had tickets to see it back then. I wish I had.

------------------

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | gregorymaguire.com

Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.46