General Discussion
  Is Wilson gay? (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Is Wilson gay?
broadwaybound
posted 03-21-2006 09:41 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for broadwaybound   Click Here to Email broadwaybound     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I have been wondering that for forever. Wilson Jermaine Heredia (sp?) aka Angel in the movie and OBC of RENT. If not that's really funny that Anthony is, and he plays one of the few straight people. haha

IP: Logged

OvertheMoonforIM
posted 03-21-2006 10:35 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for OvertheMoonforIM     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
He's not. Which just makes him a much better actor in my opinion. And if you think about it, there are only two gay men in the film. One, if Angel is in drag.

Saint Aelphaba
posted 03-21-2006 10:35 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Saint Aelphaba   Click Here to Email Saint Aelphaba     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I agree with OverthemoonforIM. if he can act that way, and isn't gay, than that makes him a wonderful actor.

ElphabaOfOz
posted 03-21-2006 10:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ElphabaOfOz   Click Here to Email ElphabaOfOz     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OvertheMoonforIM:
He's not.

Dude. He saaays he's not. Look at the outfits he dresses in, listen to his voice...I will never believe that he isn't.

Queenie
posted 03-22-2006 02:05 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Queenie   Click Here to Email Queenie     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I have definitely wondered this too.
And about Jesse Martin

Polychrome
posted 03-22-2006 03:45 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Polychrome     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I've always been curious why people think there is a specific way that people behave that would make other people think they are gay. There are some guys who act feminine, but I've known just as many straight men who act like this. It's not "gay" behavior. I'm gay but there's nothing feminine about me at all. So you can't realy go by how a person acts in order to guess whether they are gay or striaght. Just take a look at Michael Jackson. He's straight, but he acts more feminine than some drag queens I've seen! If an actor says that he's straight - especially an actor in a musical like RENT - I think it's pretty safe to say that he is telling the truth. If he's lying, then he's not even worth fantasizing about because he has no self respect.

ElphabaOfOz
posted 03-22-2006 08:47 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for ElphabaOfOz   Click Here to Email ElphabaOfOz     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Queenie:

And about Jesse Martin

Seriously? Yeah, right. You're "wondering" based on Jesse's character in Rent. Because he plays a gay man, you wonder if he's gay. Please. Based on what we've seen in real life, if he says he's straight, he's straight.

Wilson...Polychrome, I get what you're saying. I absolutely don't fit the "butch" stereotype of a lesbian, and I'd hate for somebody to assume my sexuality because of the way I dress. But with Wilson--it's just a feeling I have. Yes, some straight men act feminine, but they're few and far between. You may not fit the stereotype, but the fact is, many gay men do. Not obviously, not flamboyantly, but it's true. And Wilson? I just doubt it. I tend to think that he claimed he was straight in the beginning before he'd discovered himself, but is afraid to come out because of the current atmosphere, and his race (it's true, don't attack me, it's much tougher.)

But...you're right, guys, none of our business. So...just speculating.

MysteriousElphaba
posted 03-22-2006 09:40 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for MysteriousElphaba   Click Here to Email MysteriousElphaba     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Well, I guess I can speak on this subject as a gay woman. I also do not fit the stereotype as I am not butch and most people who don't know already that I am gay are usually surprised when they find out. But, I agree that most gay people(or most people that are out, that is) do tend to fall into some general stereotype. However, there are many exceptions and there is no definition of what a gay person is supposed to look and act like so as far as trying to say which actors are really gay in RENT is pointless, to me anyway. How would you really know unless they say it and even then it might not be true. So, I guess what I am trying to say is, you never can tell. Don’t get me wrong, I am not knocking this thread at all. I too think its harmless fun to speculate. Just some pointless thoughts from me.

lostladyknight
posted 03-22-2006 10:46 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for lostladyknight   Click Here to Email lostladyknight     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
I have definitely wondered this too.
And about Jesse Martin

If Jesse L. Martin is gay... I have nothing left to live for.

(j/k, but he's so beautiful, he's my hugest TV/Movie/broadway crush right now and if he were gay, I'd be sad--not that I'd ever have nor truly want a chance with him.)

Polychrome
posted 03-22-2006 10:52 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Polychrome     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lostladyknight:
If Jesse L. Martin is gay... I have nothing left to live for.

(j/k, but he's so beautiful, he's my hugest TV/Movie/broadway crush right now and if he were gay, I'd be sad--not that I'd ever have nor truly want a chance with him.)

Well, look on the bright side. Imagine how many famous straight guys there are out there that we gay folk have vain crushes on.

Now, if only everyone were born gay then we wouldn't have this problem, dang it! LOL

[This message has been edited by Polychrome (edited 03-23-2006).]

Fiyero's Third Lover
posted 03-22-2006 06:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Fiyero's Third Lover   Click Here to Email Fiyero's Third Lover     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ElphabaOfOz:
Dude. He saaays he's not. Look at the outfits he dresses in, listen to his voice...I will never believe that he isn't.

My friend is obsessed with Wilson and we a conversation about the clothes all the time. I personally think he's gay. Straight men don't dress like that.

Saint Aelphaba
posted 03-22-2006 06:44 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Saint Aelphaba   Click Here to Email Saint Aelphaba     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I agree. I personally think he is, or at least bi. But I don't know.

oh and to Polychrome:

My friend and I were having a conversation about that. About how all the worlds problems would be solved if everyone were gay or a lesbian. Then I pointed out that we would have no posterity, and that would be a definante problem...just saying.

AelphabasAfterlife
posted 03-22-2006 07:02 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for AelphabasAfterlife   Click Here to Email AelphabasAfterlife     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Are you guys (Polychrome mainly) trying to imply that everyone is born "straight?" That being "gay" is a choice. That goes right along with the arguement that homosexuality is a mental disorder. I'm not trying to say that I think this is what you are saying. Don't get mad at me. But the way you stated that makes it sound so. Anyway, don't you believe that people are born "gay" or "straight" or "bi" and that they can't change that (not that they should want to)?

I've used "" around the words gay and straight because I personally don't agree with the labels. Afterall, we are all memebers of the human race, are we not?

Queenie
posted 03-22-2006 07:06 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Queenie   Click Here to Email Queenie     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
When did Jesse say he was straight?

Saint Aelphaba
posted 03-22-2006 07:27 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Saint Aelphaba   Click Here to Email Saint Aelphaba     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I dunno

ElphabaOfOz
posted 03-22-2006 09:56 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ElphabaOfOz   Click Here to Email ElphabaOfOz     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AelphabasAfterlife:
Are you guys (Polychrome mainly) trying to imply that everyone is born "straight?" That being "gay" is a choice. That goes right along with the arguement that homosexuality is a mental disorder. I'm not trying to say that I think this is what you are saying. Don't get mad at me. But the way you stated that makes it sound so. Anyway, don't you believe that people are born "gay" or "straight" or "bi" and that they can't change that (not that they should want to)?

Whaaat? Where did you get that??? I'm sorry, I'm rereading this, and...both Polychrome and I are gay, and I won't speak for him, but...I certainly am not saying anything about homosexuality being a choice. If you use the quote button, I'll know where you're getting this, because I just don't see anywhere where this was even implied. You're reading a little to far into it, I think...

Anyway, Queenie, Jessie is straight. Just trust me.

I Couldn't Be Happier
posted 03-22-2006 10:13 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for I Couldn't Be Happier     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I'm the worest possible judge. I never would have thought that Kris from Wicked was gay. But he is.
In high school I knew these three guys who were in choir and plays with me. Well, you know how high school is, so many people said they were gay. I always said they weren't and to leave them alone.
Well, 10 plus years later all three are out of the closet. I made up my mind to not make any comments and live and let live.

lostladyknight
posted 03-23-2006 12:17 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for lostladyknight   Click Here to Email lostladyknight     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I'm not going to go into detail as to how I know this, because I don't want to expose Wilson anymore than he already is to the public, but I'm in the practice of chatting with our good buddy and I have heard it straight out of the horses mouth that he is indeed straight. Don't ask me how or where I found to chat with him, cuz I just won't say. (Personal favor to him and what not).

Polychrome
posted 03-23-2006 12:27 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Polychrome     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AelphabasAfterlife:

I've used "" around the words gay and straight because I personally don't agree with the labels. Afterall, we are all memebers of the human race, are we not?

Wow! How did you get the impression that I implied that sexual identity is a choice? LOL. While it is true that a heterosexual can CHOOSE to sleep with someone of the same sex (I've been with lots of straight guys before I became a Christian), and it is true that a homosexual can CHOOSE to sleep with someone of the opposite sex (there are MANY married gays and lesbians with children), I do not believe that a heterosexual or a homosexual chooses their sexual identity anymore that a person chooses to be left or right handed. A heterosexual can pervert his nature by sleeping with the same sex and a homosexual can pervert his nature by sleeping with the opposite sex - which is a choice. But to actually be who you are is not a choice in and of itself. No one wakes up one day and suddenly says, "Gee, I think I'll be straight/gay today".

What I was saying before was merely a joke. If EVERYONE were born gay, it would make life so much easier. The emphasis is on EVERYONE, not BORN. But I really do appreciate your defense of naturally-born gay identity. Thank you for speaking up about it.

ElphabaOfOz
posted 03-23-2006 08:34 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for ElphabaOfOz   Click Here to Email ElphabaOfOz     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Polychrome:
Wow! How did you get the impression that I implied that sexual identity is a choice? LOL. While it is true that a heterosexual can CHOOSE to sleep with someone of the same sex (I've been with lots of straight guys before I became a Christian), and it is true that a homosexual can CHOOSE to sleep with someone of the opposite sex (there are MANY married gays and lesbians with children), I do not believe that a heterosexual or a homosexual chooses their sexual identity anymore that a person chooses to be left or right handed. A heterosexual can pervert his nature by sleeping with the same sex and a homosexual can pervert his nature by sleeping with the opposite sex - which is a choice. But to actually be who you are is not a choice in and of itself. No one wakes up one day and suddenly says, "Gee, I think I'll be straight/gay today".

What I was saying before was merely a joke. If EVERYONE were born gay, it would make life so much easier. The emphasis is on EVERYONE, not BORN. But I really do appreciate your defense of naturally-born gay identity. Thank you for speaking up about it.

Yay! Something Polychrome and I agree on!

But really, how on earth did she get that impression?

Acey
posted 03-23-2006 08:44 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Acey   Click Here to Email Acey     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
How many threads do we need about sexuality in this place. Crikey.

MysteriousElphaba
posted 03-23-2006 08:49 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for MysteriousElphaba   Click Here to Email MysteriousElphaba     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I just wanted to say that I hope AelphabasAfterlife did not get that impression from my post. As I said I am also gay and most definitely would have never chosen to be so. So, hopefully we are all clear that sexuality is not a choice. Okay, I'm done.

[This message has been edited by MysteriousElphaba (edited 03-23-2006).]

Tango_Maureen
posted 03-23-2006 09:52 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Tango_Maureen   Click Here to Email Tango_Maureen     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I have to say the Jesse Martin is not. He didn't really act gay in the movie except that he was Dating Angel... but Who knows!!! Maybe he is..

AelphabasAfterlife
posted 03-23-2006 09:55 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for AelphabasAfterlife   Click Here to Email AelphabasAfterlife     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Polychrome:

Now, if only everyone were born gay then we wouldn't have his problem, dang it! LOL

Yay. I found the quote button. Sorry I didn't know where it was or I would have done this sooner. I'm sorry to have started a fight or something, but this is what you said that led me to ask if you were implying that it was a choice. I thought you'd said you were gay, so I didn't understand why you'd say this.

PlantANote
posted 03-23-2006 10:34 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for PlantANote     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I have to say, he makes a pretty woman! Haha. Did anyone else think he resemebled Jada Pinkett Smith when he was dressed in drag?

[This message has been edited by PlantANote (edited 03-23-2006).]

Polychrome
posted 03-23-2006 03:58 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Polychrome     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MysteriousElphaba:
As I said I am also gay and most definitely would have never chosen to be so.

If I had a CHOICE, I would still choose to be gay. I can't even IMAGINE not liking guys. I'd rather die than not like guys. And if being gay IS an abomination against God, then I don't want to live any longer because there's no way I can give up guys but I wouldn't want to be an abomination because I love God too much. But I don't beleive it is an abomination to be gay. That's like saying it's an abomination to be white or black or french or green eyed, or right handed. It's also like saying that heterosexuality is an abomination. To all you straight folks out there, imagine what it would feel like if you found out being attracted to the opposite sex was an ABOMINATION AGAINST GOD. Could YOU give it up?

just thinking out loud

MysteriousElphaba
posted 03-23-2006 04:22 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for MysteriousElphaba   Click Here to Email MysteriousElphaba     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I don't think it's an abomination either Polychrome, which is why I said what I did in the "I'm Not That Girl" thread. I don't think I would have made a conscious choice to be gay though. It was something that I never had to think about to much or decide on...It was kind of already decided for me I suppose, it was just always that way. Anyway, enough from me on that topic as I am sure everyone else is getting tired of hearing about it.

OvertheMoonforIM
posted 03-24-2006 06:06 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for OvertheMoonforIM     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:

quote:
Seriously? Yeah, right. You're "wondering" based on Jesse's character in Rent. Because he plays a gay man, you wonder if he's gay. Please. Based on what we've seen in real life, if he says he's straight, he's straight.

Wait, would you like to stick with one idea?

[This message has been edited by OvertheMoonforIM (edited 03-24-2006).]

Queenie
posted 03-25-2006 01:32 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Queenie   Click Here to Email Queenie     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Whaaat? Where did you get that??? I'm sorry, I'm rereading this, and...both Polychrome and I are gay, and I won't speak for him, but...I certainly am not saying anything about homosexuality being a choice. If you use the quote button, I'll know where you're getting this, because I just don't see anywhere where this was even implied. You're reading a little to far into it, I think...

Anyway, Queenie, Jessie is straight. Just trust me.

But at one of the award shows...I forget which one, He pretended to have a date. I thought it was a joke. It was a woman on Law and ORder much older than him. They were laughing though...

ElphabaOfOz
posted 03-25-2006 03:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ElphabaOfOz   Click Here to Email ElphabaOfOz     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
But at one of the award shows...I forget which one, He pretended to have a date. I thought it was a joke. It was a woman on Law and ORder much older than him. They were laughing though...

They're friends. Why does going to an awards show with an older coworker make him gay? You annoy me. You're obviously just making this assumption that he's gay because he played a very subtly gay character in a movie you pretend to understand. Watch Law and Order. Since you seem to think that the roles actors play define who the actors themselves are, that, at least will convince you he's straight.

Acey
posted 03-25-2006 03:54 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Acey   Click Here to Email Acey     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
This thread is funny and silly.

Who cares, gay people are wonderful. So are straight people. So is everyone inbetween too.

Aren't people great?

ElphabaOfOz
posted 03-25-2006 03:55 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ElphabaOfOz   Click Here to Email ElphabaOfOz     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OvertheMoonforIM:
Wait, would you like to stick with one idea?

[This message has been edited by OvertheMoonforIM (edited 03-24-2006).]

I sort of see what you're saying, but...I said "based on what we've seen in real life." Based one what we've seen in real life--at awards shows, in television and magazine interviews--Jesse's straight because he says he is and I believe him, and I don't think Wilson is. I think he's afraid to come out, or afraid to acknoweledge his sexuality even to himself. But that's just my thoughts.

Acey
posted 03-25-2006 03:59 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Acey   Click Here to Email Acey     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Who is this Wilson anyway??

ElphabaOfOz
posted 03-25-2006 04:14 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ElphabaOfOz   Click Here to Email ElphabaOfOz     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Acey:
Who is this Wilson anyway??

Hee hee...

Wilson Jermaine Heredia

This guy:

That's his role in Rent. Here's him without the drag:

Acey
posted 03-25-2006 04:53 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Acey   Click Here to Email Acey     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
That's a trasvestite!? I saw the trailers, just looked like a very happy lady.

broadwaybound
posted 03-26-2006 10:15 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for broadwaybound   Click Here to Email broadwaybound     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Haha wow I never thought I'd start a post that a lot of you guys would post on so yay!

And Wilson makes the cutest girl!!! I think that's why you fall in love with him from the beginning. I see EVERYONES perspective in this, but I really picked up on people relating their characters in movies and tv shows to who they really are. Because Idina, who's most definitely one of my biggest role models EVER, is certainly not a lesbian seeing as how shes married to the oh so beautiful Taye! (OWW) haha but in the movie shes a lesbian so we can't put them in their character shoes outside of their role. And yeah, I'm off to church so I'll be back later...

[This message has been edited by broadwaybound (edited 03-26-2006).]

ElphabaOfOz
posted 03-26-2006 10:24 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for ElphabaOfOz   Click Here to Email ElphabaOfOz     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
That's a trasvestite!?

Hmm, no, Angel's a transvestite. With an N.

SoulOverflowing
posted 03-26-2006 11:17 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for SoulOverflowing     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
That's a trasvestite!? I saw the trailers, just looked like a very happy lady.

LOL...I'm sorry, I just found that funny.

Tango_Maureen
posted 03-27-2006 09:47 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Tango_Maureen   Click Here to Email Tango_Maureen     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I must say Gay guys are HOTT!!!! I've never met a guy who is gay who isn't! And trust me, I see a LOT of them! (I'm in winterguard and there are gay guys EVERYWHERE at the competitions!) Everyone hott... I feel bad because my boyfriends in guard with me (He only joined to spend more time with me) and he's not gay... Oh well!

Fiyero's Third Lover
posted 03-27-2006 04:45 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Fiyero's Third Lover   Click Here to Email Fiyero's Third Lover     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Some gay guys are hot. They're just so clean.

This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3 

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | gregorymaguire.com

Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.46