Gregory Maguire Discussion Board
  Wicked - the Musical
  Elphaba's Green Skin

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Elphaba's Green Skin
Ivan
posted 08-17-2006 08:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ivan     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I know that her arms and face are sprayed green, but are her legs just stockings?

IP: Logged

ElphieMaureenKesaIdina
posted 08-17-2006 08:40 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ElphieMaureenKesaIdina   Click Here to Email ElphieMaureenKesaIdina     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
You never see her legs, they are covered up. only her arms and face are painted. she also wears a green body suit. I think...

[This message has been edited by ElphieMaureenKesaIdina (edited 08-17-2006).]

Malky
posted 08-17-2006 08:54 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Malky   Click Here to Email Malky     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
*Irrelevance*

Ivan, are you the same Ivan on the Avenue Q boards?

Ivan
posted 08-17-2006 09:48 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ivan     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Creepy, I feel like you're stalking me. Yes, most of my screen names are Ivan or Ivan related. So yeah, ha ha, what post did you see? Also, we do see her legs when she wears the dress to the party. And her skin wouldn't look the same if she was just wearing a body suit, would it?

Emeralds
posted 08-17-2006 10:19 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Emeralds     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
The body suit is almost the same color as her skin. If you have a grimmery you can see it in some of the pics.

MusicalTheatreObsessed
posted 08-17-2006 11:06 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for MusicalTheatreObsessed   Click Here to Email MusicalTheatreObsessed     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I would like to be on the Avenue Q discussion boards... can you give me the site?

Ivan
posted 08-17-2006 11:34 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ivan     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
http://www.avenueq.com/forum/

Who are you, Malky, on the Avenue Q boards?

Munchkinland
posted 08-29-2006 02:09 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Munchkinland   Click Here to Email Munchkinland     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Most of it is a body suit. ITs on her legs and it goes up to about just under her neck, including arms. If you look hard, mostly in the end of "The Wizard and I", you can see creases around her elbows. The paint is on her face and neck and hands. I think thats all. (Including ears and stuff )

KristiKatt
posted 08-30-2006 08:50 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for KristiKatt   Click Here to Email KristiKatt     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
And they are not sprayed green... they are applied like make-up, only green... Wonderful MAC, for the green people

Yero the Hero
posted 08-30-2006 09:09 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Yero the Hero   Click Here to Email Yero the Hero     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I was thinking about that before...does MAC just make base in all colors? Or do they have it specially made?

Elphaba
posted 08-30-2006 09:19 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Elphaba   Click Here to Email Elphaba     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
You rarely see any of Elphie's legs... but when you do you can see she is wearing black stockings.

Only her hands, neck, and face are painted.

[This message has been edited by Elphaba (edited 08-30-2006).]

Elphaba
posted 08-30-2006 09:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Elphaba   Click Here to Email Elphaba     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Munchkinland:
Most of it is a body suit. ITs on her legs and it goes up to about just under her neck, including arms. If you look hard, mostly in the end of "The Wizard and I", you can see creases around her elbows. The paint is on her face and neck and hands. I think thats all. (Including ears and stuff )

Her elbows aren't exposed during The Wicked and I...

KristiKatt
posted 08-31-2006 01:27 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for KristiKatt   Click Here to Email KristiKatt     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Yero the Hero:
I was thinking about that before...does MAC just make base in all colors? Or do they have it specially made?

Well... I don't know anything really about their stage make-up stuff... But I would assume that they actually make stage make-up or face painting make-up in a variety of colors... I just looked around on the website and didn't find anything about stage make-up. But I don't know, maybe they have some sort of a special catalog.

Elphaba
posted 08-31-2006 04:48 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Elphaba   Click Here to Email Elphaba     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
You can only buy it in real MAC stores. Like the one in New York.

Ivan
posted 08-31-2006 08:44 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ivan     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Oh yeah, I didn't see those black stockings before. And I thought it was sprayed on too, the greeness, but after a look at Idina Menzel's gallery it appears I was wrong

KristiKatt
posted 09-01-2006 12:34 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for KristiKatt   Click Here to Email KristiKatt     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
**disclaimer* slightly off topic**

I really love MAC make-up... just to let you know

Elphie_the_Awesome
posted 09-12-2006 08:26 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Elphie_the_Awesome   Click Here to Email Elphie_the_Awesome     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Quick question, me and my friend are big Wicked fans and we are theatre nuts and for holloween/ masqurade ball we want to go as teenaged Elphie and Glinda. What shade of MAC pigment would you say would be Elphie green??

DefyingGravity4Life
posted 09-12-2006 09:08 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for DefyingGravity4Life   Click Here to Email DefyingGravity4Life     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
That's cool! I wanted to be Elphie for Halloween, too! In The Grimmerie it says that they used from MAC Landscape Green Chromacake which they diluted a bit. I'm not sure if that's what you are looking for... but I hope it helps!

LPhiBah
posted 09-30-2006 02:26 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for LPhiBah   Click Here to Email LPhiBah     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I want to be Elphiba for Halloween, but since it appears you can only get MAC green makeup in NY and I live nowhere near NY does anyone have any suggestions on how to make myself green?

DefyingGravity4Life
posted 09-30-2006 05:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for DefyingGravity4Life   Click Here to Email DefyingGravity4Life     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LPhiBah:
I want to be Elphiba for Halloween, but since it appears you can only get MAC green makeup in NY and I live nowhere near NY does anyone have any suggestions on how to make myself green?

Well I looked it up and there is a number you can call for MAC : 18003876707 (available monday through friday 9 am - 5 pm eastern time). If you don't want to do that I suggest just regular face paint... But that night not look too real. I want to be Elphaba for halloween too though I'm not entirely sure what I want to use for the green yet.

LPhiBah
posted 09-30-2006 07:31 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for LPhiBah   Click Here to Email LPhiBah     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Has anyone tried to paint/makeup their face green? I am allergic to face paint and start breaking out really bad, so I was hoping to find a makeup that would work. I noticed on the MAC website on their Halloween makeup a lot of the were done with eyeshadow. Has anyone tried it?

DixonMillerRN
posted 10-02-2006 01:23 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for DixonMillerRN   Click Here to Email DixonMillerRN     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
The MAC Chromacake in Landscape Green is applied with these Japanese art brushes that you can get at any decent art store. Dilute the pigment with a bit of water and brush it on, face and jawline first, then take a larger brush and buff it out. Next comes the neck, followed by using a smaller brush for the hairline and ears and all of that. To set it, apply a waterproof powder all over and then brush off the excess. After that, begin the regular eye/cheek shaping/contouring with purple and brown pigments. Eyebrows and lips are tinted with a stone-colored pencil. Finally, you brush all over with Golden Olive pigment
For hands, just paint up to the edges of the body-suit, powder the devil out of them with waterproof powder, then apply a spray fixative to prevent the pigment from turning everything you touch Jollly-Green Giant green..The MAC product is water-based, no oil, gentle on the skin, cleans off with regular soap/water and Joe Dulude, the make-up man who puts Elphaba together each night says she does not develop rashes or acne when using these products 8 times a week..As for getting the colors from MAC, try their website of call any of the MAC "Professional " stores.They will be happy to ship to you..There is one on Miami Beach, (area code 305) on Collins Avenue..and their website is www.macpro.com
I just checked the site and the green used in Wicked is standard inventory..No problem with special orders.. I hope that helped,
DixonMillerRN

DixonMillerRN
posted 10-02-2006 01:28 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for DixonMillerRN   Click Here to Email DixonMillerRN     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elphaba:
You can only buy it in real MAC stores. Like the one in New York.

Actually, the Chromacake is available only in the MAC 'Professional' stores and it is part of their standard inventory.
The MAC stores that cater to the general public will not have the green in stock.

.No special orders needed..Go to www.macpro.com and look up chromacake..The green make-up is right there..See my later reply for how to apply the total look..

LPhiBah
posted 10-02-2006 02:31 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for LPhiBah   Click Here to Email LPhiBah     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Thank you for your help, but only one problem. I don't have a MAC Pro account or the membership to get an account. And being the poster babe for poor starving college student, can't really afford the membership. But at least I have a shade to compare other thangs to. Everything I've seen lately is to yellow or blue.I noticed on the other site that a lot of the Halloween faces were done with eyeshadow. Does anyone have suggestions for shades of green eyeshadow? Prefferably not something I have to order. Everything I order lately seems to take more of forever than it should and I'm frustrated enough with it as I can be with out breaking out the chocolate.

Ivan
posted 10-02-2006 04:02 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ivan     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hey, is it possible to get the link directly to the right kind of makeup?

LPhiBah
posted 10-03-2006 02:52 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for LPhiBah   Click Here to Email LPhiBah     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
You can go to the MAC Pro link but you need a membership if you want to buy anyhing. I have recently discovered Ben Nye's Magicake Aqua in Kelly green that looks a lot like the sample of the landscape green. Here is the link I found it under. http://www.fxsupply.com/bn_catalog/bn_magicake.html

LPhiBah
posted 10-04-2006 06:50 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for LPhiBah   Click Here to Email LPhiBah     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
http://www.playhousesquare.org/bbuzz/wicked/d-fun.html

Here is a site to help all Elphie wannabes achieve a true likeness.

Saint Aelphaba
posted 10-07-2006 10:35 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Saint Aelphaba     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
The novel has 38 characters; the musical cuts it down to focus on 8 main characters...

I was wondering who was in the cut.

AngelaNoelle1982
posted 10-10-2006 09:00 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for AngelaNoelle1982   Click Here to Email AngelaNoelle1982     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I highly recommend Eb@y if you're looking for the MAC Pro makeups... I got the landscape green and olive gold pigments for about 95 cents each plus shipping and handling. Just a thought--hope that helps those that are broke as a joke like me!

Andreaste
posted 05-07-2007 12:53 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Andreaste     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I know this topic hasn't been posted on in a while, but I've found some other stage make up that might be aproriate to use. Its not going to be as comfortable as mac chroma claims to be, but then I don't believe that any of that stuff could be. At any rate, its called graftobian theatrical and the link is
http://www.graftobian.com/index5.htm

They have a wicked witch kit with the green in it, and you can buy the green by itself. The only thing is that theres a minimum order of 25, but if you buy better brushes and such you can get to that and still get the same effect for quite a bit cheaper. And these make up kits can be found in any Halloween shop, if I remember correctly.

defyingravity
posted 05-08-2007 11:51 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for defyingravity     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Does anybody know if MAC shops in the uk sell the green or are able to order it in? or if these links sell to the uk ? plus elphie does wear a green suit underneath ,you can see it really clearly when sat at the front

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | gregorymaguire.com

Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.46