Gregory Maguire Discussion Board
  Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of theWest
  Wicked the Movie, 2014?

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Wicked the Movie, 2014?
THE_Elphaba(Kate)Thropp
posted 03-23-2012 05:08 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for THE_Elphaba(Kate)Thropp     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Anybody know anything?

IP: Logged

TheTimeDragonsDaughter
posted 03-23-2012 09:05 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for TheTimeDragonsDaughter     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I'm almost 100% percent sure it's just a long-circulated rumor....with all of the sites I get newsfeeds for (this one, Wicked and Maguire-related IMDB sections, the Wicked musical site, various search engine newsfeeds, broadway.com, Kristin Chenoweth's site, and so forth), there's almost no possible way I'd miss an announcement if one were made. There are some fake, fan-made trailers which get circulated on sites like YouTube, but there's not yet been anything official. :/ Sorry if that disappoints you.

Maybe someday they'll make a movie, though. For whatever it's worth, Wicked has become such a popular story that I'm confident that a move has been or is being at least considered. Probably by more than one party, too....

[This message has been edited by TheTimeDragonsDaughter (edited 03-23-2012).]

bookmark
posted 03-27-2012 12:38 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for bookmark   Click Here to Email bookmark     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Salma Hayek used to be listed on IMDB.com as producing a Wicked TV mini-series. I just rechecked and it is no longer listed. Try searching online for her connection to it though, maybe the idea isn't dead yet.
Personally I think a mini-series is the perfect forum for the books. It could be more indepth than what could be done i a two hour blockbuster movie.

elphaba+fiyero
posted 04-06-2012 09:07 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for elphaba+fiyero   Click Here to Email elphaba+fiyero     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
well, they made a mirror mirror movie and wicked is still more popular than mirror mirror book-wise so... I NEED A WICKED MOVIE

kumbicia
posted 04-07-2012 05:31 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for kumbicia     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Well that wasn't based off the GM book I believe.

------------------
AM I BEING EATEN?

Here are a few questions to ask yourself.
1.Are any of my limbs missing.
2.Is a beak like mouth eviscerating my organs.
3.Am I lightheaded and also drinking my own blood.
4.Am I inside an animals stomach.If you find yourself in a stomach, you have likely been eaten.

Pfanee
posted 04-07-2012 06:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Pfanee     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
No, it wasn't. I was really disappointed by that...

------------------
Sweet Oz!

LiirLovesTrismNotCandle
posted 04-16-2012 08:16 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for LiirLovesTrismNotCandle     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
With the way Hollywood takes liberties with novels when turning them into movies, I don't think I'd want to see a WICKED movie. While reading the Wicked series I developed a specific vision and specific sensations about Oz and the characters, and if I were to see a movie that doesn't portray it the way I feel it, it would be ruined for me. The same thing happened with the horrendous Chronicles of Narnia movies. They completely obliterated what I saw and felt when reading the books. The only movies I've ever seen that came close enough to how I perceived the books were the Lord of the Rings movies.

I'd love a TV show of Wicked, but I fear it will be cheezy like ONCE UPON A TIME. WICKED is dark and dirty and gritty and harsh. No way they'll show the Club scene. And I doubt any network would show the night when Trism & Liir make love (though I'm sure the homophobes who cut that scene will have no problem showing Candle raping Liir on his near-death bed). I dunno. Maybe if HBO or SHOWTIME did it. They are the only channels ballsy enough to do it right and do it with quality.

[This message has been edited by LiirLovesTrismNotCandle (edited 04-16-2012).]

Pfanee
posted 04-16-2012 08:50 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Pfanee     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I happen to love Once Upon A Time.

------------------
Sweet Oz!

LiirLovesTrismNotCandle
posted 04-17-2012 08:07 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for LiirLovesTrismNotCandle     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pfanee:
I happen to love Once Upon A Time.

I do too. I watch it every Sunday. I enjoy the story. But it isn't the quality I want to see Wicked done in. The acting is not very good (the evil queen is just horrible) and it looks like its filmed on a studio backlot. In my opinion, Wicked should be done with the same quality as Lord of the Rings.

[This message has been edited by LiirLovesTrismNotCandle (edited 04-17-2012).]

Geoff
posted 05-13-2012 09:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Geoff     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I wish that a movie would be based on the novel, not the musical. I saw the musical on Broadway, loved it. But I believe the story would work better on film if not a musical. I have not been impressed with most past attempts to recreate musicals on film. The richness of the Wicked world would just lend itself to cinematic brilliance.

TheTimeDragonsDaughter
posted 05-14-2012 02:57 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for TheTimeDragonsDaughter     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Geoff:
I wish that a movie would be based on the novel, not the musical. I saw the musical on Broadway, loved it. But I believe the story would work better on film if not a musical. I have not been impressed with most past attempts to recreate musicals on film. The richness of the Wicked world would just lend itself to cinematic brilliance.

My inner geek is highly curious... which movie musicals have you liked and not liked?

Pfanee
posted 05-15-2012 02:40 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Pfanee     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I know you didn't ask me the question, but I feel inclined to answer.

Sweeney Todd gets a thumbs up as far as acting, but a thumbs down for singing. The movie is pretty good, but I hated how all the "Ballad of Sweeney Todd" sections were cut.

Rent gets an overall thumbs up, except that I really hated how they made it Christmas Day at the beginning instead of Christmas Eve and spoke a bunch of the lines they were supposed to sing. However, I honestly like movie Mimi and Joanne better than Broadway Mimi and Joanne.

West Side Story is all around thumbs up!

My Fair Lady is all around thumbs up!

Singin in the Rain wasn't a Broadway musical, but it's a great movie musical!

Little Shop of Horrors gets a thumbs up! (Both of them, but especially the 1986 version.)

South Pacific gets a flat thumb. But maybe that's just me... I've never been a big South Pacific fan.

Phantom of the Opera gets a thumbs up!

Barefoot in the Park gets a thumbs up! (not a musical, but a famous play.)

Les Miserables gets a thumbs up! (the old one.) very long, but a very enjoyable 3.5 hours.

Chicago gets a thumbs up!

The Little Mermaid gets a thumbs up!

Mary Poppins gets a thumbs up!

The Sound of Music gets a thumbs up!

The Wiz gets a thumbs up!

Cinderella gets a thumbs up!

Beauty and the Beast gets a thumbs up! (You can probably tell I love classic Disney.)

The Wizard of Oz gets a thumbs up!

Hairspray gets a thumbs down. I hate the movie, although that may partially be because I've seen it about 15 times.

Dreamgirls gets a thumbs up! (not Broadway, but a musical film.)

Mamma Mia gets a thumbs up!

I think that's all I've seen, but I'll edit the post if I think of any more.

------------------
Sweet Oz!

[This message has been edited by Pfanee (edited 05-15-2012).]

vremenniyetap
posted 06-30-2014 12:28 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for vremenniyetap   Click Here to Email vremenniyetap     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Itís really great posts.

------------------
dubli

ilyasseislame
posted 07-02-2014 06:58 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for ilyasseislame   Click Here to Email ilyasseislame     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
thank you

------------------
الربح من الانترنت
الربح من الانترنت
الربح من الانترنت
الربح من الانترنت
الربح من الانترنت

howtogetmoneyfast
posted 07-06-2014 04:18 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for howtogetmoneyfast   Click Here to Email howtogetmoneyfast     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
thanks pro

------------------
How to get
money fast

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | gregorymaguire.com

Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.46