Gregory Maguire Discussion Board
  Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of theWest
  Will there be a Wicked Years 4-book set?

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Will there be a Wicked Years 4-book set?
Harry Potter
posted 09-26-2011 02:44 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Harry Potter     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hi, Do any of you know if there might be a Wicked years box-set coming out soon since the final book is almost here? It would be nice to have a hardcover 4-book set with the original covers. And I thought I read a couple months ago on this website that Gregory Maguire was putting out a special edition of Out Of Oz, or something along those lines-does anyone have more info about that? TIA

IP: Logged

YeroismyHero
posted 09-26-2011 02:52 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for YeroismyHero     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
im not sure about that but speaking of the covers; have you seen the new ones? they are stupid the one for wicked looks nothing like the image created of elphaba in the story and the one for SOAW has nothing to do with any of it....i makes me very angry....back on topic a box set would be nice but there isnt a hard cover for SOAW

Harry Potter
posted 09-26-2011 03:33 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Harry Potter     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I just looked on amazon and there is indeed a Son of a Witch hardcover. I agree with you about those new covers, I would never buy one of those books-Im not sure why they decided to come out with those different covers in the first place when the original ones are so good.

YeroismyHero
posted 09-26-2011 07:53 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for YeroismyHero     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
yea i realized there were after i posted it and felt really stupid :P and yes the covers are ridiculous i want to write a strongly worded letter to the guy who makes the covers and ask him what the ____ it has to do with the wicked years series. i also want to ask GM why he would sign off on something like that. its not dramatic or artistic...just stupid. and i would pay any price for a wicked hard cover box set for sure :P

Pfanee
posted 10-01-2011 01:28 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Pfanee     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I really want a Wicked box set because they're usually cheaper than the individual books, and I don't own any of the books... I got them all from the library... Also, you wouldn't have to hunt for books with all the same type of cover, either... btw, I also hate the new cover, but I like all of my books to have similar covers, so if I couldn't find all of the originals, I would buy all new covers. but I really hope it won't come to that...

------------------
Sweet Oz!

Elli
posted 10-03-2011 03:45 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Elli     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Well, I really like the new "Wicked"-Cover VERY much! (And this is the first time I wonder if I should by a book only for its cover.)

Elphabaelphiefabalafae
posted 10-05-2011 03:36 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Elphabaelphiefabalafae   Click Here to Email Elphabaelphiefabalafae     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I have a hard back edition that has Wicked and Son of a Witch together in one book.

shortaba94
posted 11-12-2011 07:48 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for shortaba94     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
"I have a hard back edition that has Wicked and Son of a Witch together in one book."
So do I and the wth ALAM in paper and OOO as a nook book. Preordered-of course.

------------------

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | gregorymaguire.com

Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.46